- Frank + health.com.au
- How do I check my limits?
- Cover review
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Ambulance explained
- Ante/Post Natal Services
- Dental Explained
- Extras limits explained
- Health Appliances
- Health Screening
- HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
- How does extras cover work?
- Natural Therapies
- Non PBS prescriptions
- Optical explained
- Set Benefits FAQ
- Telehealth Benefits
- Travel vaccines
- What is health maintenance?
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Mental Health Waiver
- Entry Hospital
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
Important information about OVHC cover
We always recommend having a read of the Important Information document to understand the inclusions, exclusions, waiting periods and limits that may apply to your cover.
Upgrading your cover
If you are upgrading your policy to a higher level of cover than you currently hold, waiting periods will apply. These waiting periods apply to services you did not previously have covered for both Hospital and Extras, and on increased Extras limits.
The applicable waiting periods are defined as mentioned below.
You’ll have some waiting periods before you can claim:
- 1 day for accidents and ambulance, GP and Specialist consultations (if your product providers cover for these types of services).
- 2 Months for any other benefit for hospital treatment.
- 2 months for general extras (if your product provides cover for these types of services).
- 2 months for psychiatric, rehabilitation and palliative care.
- 12 months for pre-existing conditions.
Have you heard the word?
On 1 July 2021, health.com.au will join forces with Frank Health Insurance.
Learn more about how this may affect your OVHC cover here.