- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- health.com.au with Kieser
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Cover review
- How do I check my limits?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
Important information about OVHC cover
We always recommend having a read of the Important Information document to understand the inclusions, exclusions, waiting periods and limits that may apply to your cover.
Transferring from another fund
If you’re currently with another health insurer and wanting to join health.com.au, all you need to do is sign up, provide us with your previous health insurers’ details and we’ll take care of the rest. We will also honour any waiting periods you have served with your previous insurer.
Once you’ve joined, you’ll have some waiting periods before you can claim:
- 1 day for accidents and ambulance, GP and Specialist consultations (if your product providers cover for these types of services)
- 2 months for general extras (if your product provides cover for these types of services)
- 2 months for psychiatric, rehabilitation and palliative care
- 12 months for pre-existing conditions
If you’re transferring from another health insurer, we will honour any waits you have already served with them.