- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- health.com.au with Kieser
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Cover review
- How do I check my limits?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
Where does Medicare fit in?
We don’t want to bore you with the entire list of what Medicare does and doesn’t cover, but below gives you an idea of some of the things to get a better understanding:
Medicare does cover things like…
- Public hospital treatment
- Free or subsidised treatment from doctors and specialists
- Tests that are necessary to treat illnesses or injuries: x-rays, pathology tests, etc.
- Some dental surgeries
- Vision tests
- Most surgeries performed by a doctor
- Some therapies performed by doctors
- Discounts on certain prescription medications through the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
Medicare doesn’t cover things like…
- Cosmetic surgeries
- Hearing aids
- Home nurses
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Ambulance services
- Dental exams and other dental treatments
- Most elective therapies
While Medicare covers key fundamentals, there are some things over and above these basics these that may be appropriate for some people, depending on their individual circumstances.
You can check out our broad range and our different levels of covers here on the site, or else give us a call.