Medicare Two Way Form

You're probably looking at an invoice you've received from your main surgeon, anaesthetist or assistant from your recent hospital admission and wondering what to do with it? 

If your doctor doesn’t use the access gap scheme this would be why you have the invoice in front of you. You'll have to lodge your medical claims with Medicare. This happens via one of the following methods:

  • The old fashioned way, by taking your paid invoices in person at a Medicare branch. Let them know you want to submit a Two Way Claim (which means that you’re claiming both through and the Medicare system). Be aware this will take them around a month to complete, but you won't have to do any follow up with  
  • Alternatively, you can ask for a statement of benefit on the spot, and drop us a line with attachment for claiming. Medicare don’t always forward this and it can take around 8 weeks for them to process, so it's way faster and more reliable if you email it directly to us.
  • Or, lodge your medical claims through the Medicare Express Plus App, and then forward us the statement of benefit that's issued to you via your myGov account.

Medicare two way form



Have you heard the word?

On 1 July 2021, will join forces with Frank Health Insurance.

Learn more about how this may affect your cover here.