- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
How does extras cover work?
Extras cover helps with the cost of services generally not covered by Medicare and focuses on keeping you healthy. Extras include things like dental, glasses, physiotherapy and a range of other services.
Our extras policies vary with types of services as well as the percentage you get back from 50%, 60%, 65%, or even up to 75% of the fee charged by your provider as a benefit.
Here's the full list of extras categories that you can be covered for:
- Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Osteopathy
- Natural Therapies including acupuncture and myotherapy
- Remedial Massage
- Travel Vaccines
- Non PBS prescription medications including travel vaccinations
- Health Maintenance
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech therapy
- Eye Therapy
- Health Screening
- Health Appliances
Benefits are paid once waiting periods have been served up to an annual cap, which applies over a calendar year and varies by cover. Your benefits will reset as of January 1st each year.
The easiest way to submit a claim is via our Contact Form.
Keen for some further reading? See How extras claiming works.