- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- health.com.au with Kieser
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Cover review
- How do I check my limits?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Ambulance explained
- Ante/Post Natal Services
- Dental Explained
- Health Appliances
- HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
- How does extras cover work?
- Natural Therapies
- Non PBS prescriptions
- Optical explained
- Travel vaccines
- What is health maintenance?
- Telehealth Benefits
- Set Benefits FAQ
- Extras limits explained
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Mental Health Waiver
- Entry Hospital
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
How does extras cover work?
Extras cover helps with the cost of services generally not covered by Medicare and focuses on keeping you healthy. Extras include things like dental, glasses, physiotherapy and a range of other services.
Here's the full list of extras categories that you can be covered for:
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Ante-Natal and Post Natal Services
- Chiropractic and Osteopathy
- Health Appliances
- Health Management
- Non PBS prescription medications and Travel Vaccinations
- Occupational Therapy
- Physiotherapy, Hydrotherapy, Myotherapy and Exercise Physiology.
- Podiatry and Orthotics
- Remedial Massage
- Speech therapy
Please note: Not all services are covered on all products.
Benefits are paid once waiting periods have been served, up to an annual cap, which applies over a calendar year and varies by cover. Your benefits will reset as of January 1st each year.
The easiest way to submit a claim is via our contact form below.
Keen for some further reading? See How extras claiming works.