- Frank + health.com.au
- How do I check my limits?
- Cover review
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Ambulance explained
- Ante/Post Natal Services
- Dental Explained
- Extras limits explained
- Health Appliances
- Health Screening
- HICAPS & HealthPoint explained
- How does extras cover work?
- Natural Therapies
- Non PBS prescriptions
- Optical explained
- Set Benefits FAQ
- Telehealth Benefits
- Travel vaccines
- What is health maintenance?
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
- Mental Health Waiver
- Entry Hospital
- Annual premium review
- Can I lock in my premium?
- I can’t use my cover like I used to...
- What if my cover is currently suspended?
- Where do my premiums go?
- Why does my premium change every year?
- Why does my premium change, if I rarely make claims?
- Why is my price change different to the national average percentage?
- 3 ways to save money on your health insurance.
Adding or removing people from your account
On 1 July 2021, health.com.au will join Frank Health Insurance. 24 June is the last day to login online to update your details/check your limits or submit outstanding claims with health.com.au.
Claiming and the online member area are unavailable from 25 June onwards. You can claim again with Frank from 1 July 2021.
Learn more about upcoming important dates that will affect the online portal here.
Now, back to what you came here for: Adding or removing people from your account
Things change. We understand that. We’ve made it easy to add people to your insurance through logging into your account.
But removing someone from your cover is a bit more involved.
You’ll need you to drop us a line or livechat us, as there’s a bit more to it that we have to sort out.
*Please note: any person aged 16 years or over can remove themselves from your cover, even if they’re not the policy holder.
Adding a newborn to your cover
health.com.au makes it easy for your fabulous newborn baby to be covered in the event that special care is needed in hospital.
That said, there are some requirements that need to be fulfilled.
- Your must have held (and paid for!) at least 2 months of active, appropriate health.com.au hospital cover prior to the birth of your baby.
- You need to contact us to add your newborn baby to your cover within 2 months to the day of your baby's birth. The addition of the new baby must be back-dated to the date of birth. This may result in an arrears amount being generated, if you’re currently on a single cover.
If you’ve fulfilled the above requirements, then your baby won’t have any waiting periods to be served, and will be covered at the same level of cover as yourself. Result.
If you contact us after this 2 month grace period, then your baby will be added to your cover from the date of request and all waiting periods will apply.
We encourage you to add your baby prior to being born, as all we need is your due date rather than an exact date of birth, which can be difficult to predict (at the best of times). Please note that you’ll still need to contact us to update your baby's name, sex and actual date of birth after the event. If you do this, it does mean that your cover may increase in price as of your due date: however, we’ll adjust this to reflect your baby's actual date of birth when you contact us later.