- Coronavirus FAQ's
- How we're supporting you during coronavirus
- health.com.au with Kieser
- The value of private health insurance in a pandemic
- Adding or removing people from your account
- Authorising another person on your cover
- Cover review
- How do I check my limits?
- Pre-existing conditions
- Suspending your cover
- Updating your details
- What am I covered for?
- Waiting periods explained
- Private health insurance reforms
- Gap in cover
- Emergency Department Fees
- Going to Hospital
- Hospital Added Costs
- Insulin Pumps
- IVF & assisted reproductive services
- LHC exemptions
- Public vs. Private
- Restrictions & Exclusions
- Understanding out of pockets
- What is an excess?
- What is LHC?
- What is the MBS?
- Where does Medicare fit in?
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Pilot
How does extras claiming work?
Your membership card isn’t just a reminder that you’re with the best health insurer in Australia. It’s also designed to be swiped through your favourite providers’ HICAPS or iSOFT terminal, for on-the-spot claiming.
Simply swipe your card when paying for your service, and you’ll receive a percentage back off the overall cost. Health.com.au is one of a handful of health insurers in Australia that has no preferred providers, meaning no matter where you decide to go, you’ll always get the same great benefit.
If the provider doesn’t have a HICAPS or iSOFT terminal, all you’ll need to do is pay for your service, grab a copy of the invoice, and follow the steps below!
How do I claim online?
Our online claiming process is stress free and easy to use. You can claim most services online using the details on your given invoice, provided it’s covered in your current extras package.
To make an online claim, you’ll need to provide the information listed below :
- The name of the practitioner who provided the service
- The practitioner’s provider number
- The specific member who’s making the claim
- The date of service
- The service type (Remedial Massage/Dental etc.)
- The service fee
What services will require a receipt/form to be emailed?
Most claims can be made online without having to provide an invoice. However, the exceptions listed below will require you to upload a photo/scan to our website:
- Health Appliances
- Health Maintenance
- Medical Claims for surgeries performed in hospital
What if my claim is more than 2 months old?
Online claiming won’t accept claims older than 2 months from date of service. If your claim is older than the 2 months we will need you to send through your extras claims via our contact form thanks!